• All sites are rustic, interior, back country campsites.
• Toilet paper is not provided on the sites.
• Free drinking water is supplied at the campground office.
Hours of Use
• Check in is between the hours of 2pm and 7pm on the day of arrival.
• Check out is 11am on the day of departure.
• Closed to day visitors at 8pm. No permits are sold after 8pm.
• Visitors to campers must enter the park before 8pm and leave by 10pm. If visitors spend the night, overnight fees will apply.
• Quiet time is from 10pm to 9am.
• Children under 16 years of age must be on their own campsite by 10pm.
Rules and Regulations
• NO GLASS BOTTLES ARE ALLOWED ON INTERIOR SITES.
• Credit card information is taken for all reservations. Any damages to the property or facility will be charged to that credit card.
• Payment in full is required at the time of booking.
• Cancellations or reservation changes are accepted up to 8 days prior subject to a 25% administration fee. Otherwise, no refund will be made and the full price will be charged.
• Firewood must be purchased at Depot Lakes Campground office to prevent the spread of invasive species.
• Quinte Conservation strictly enforces its Zero Tolerance Policy. Threatening behaviour by campers or their pets is unacceptable. No profanity, excessive noise or other unsuitable behaviour is permitted at any time. No person shall willfully damage any public or private property, buildings or other facilities.
• Collecting, cutting, removing or destroying any plant, tree or other living object is strictly prohibited.
• Quinte Conservation is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
• Power saws, fireworks, traps and weapons are prohibited.
• Persons must be 19 years of age to register for a campsite. Proof of age will be required.
• Canoe rentals are available. Please contact Depot Lakes Campground Office at 613-374-2940 to reserve a canoe. Cancellations or reservation changes are accepted up to 8 days prior subject to a 25% administration fee. Otherwise, no refund will be made and the full price will be charged.
• Most interior sites are accessible only by boat or canoe, therefore, campers must have access to a boat or canoe at all times. Staff is available to assist campers by transporting extra equipment for a per trip charge.
• No more than the allotted number of people, including the permit holder, is allowed on a designated campsite. See website (www.depotlakes.com) for site specific details. The permit holder must occupy the site, unless immediate family.
• All visitors to registered campers must check in at the office and pay the appropriate Day Use Fee.
• Campsites must be cleaned before leaving the site. Garbage needs to go in one clear bag and recycling in another. These bags must be brought to the office. Leaving garbage on the campsite incurs a $75 fine. • Fires are permitted in designated areas only and must be contained within the designated fire pit. When finished, all fire pits must be soaked with water.
• Inform the park staff of any disturbances or emergencies.
• No glass bottles or alcohol are allowed in the beach areas.
• No boats are allowed in swimming areas. Unregistered boats may be confiscated.
• Quinte Conservation is not responsible for child supervision anywhere in the Conservation Area, including beaches or trails.
• All pets are to be on a leash not exceeding six feet and kept under control at all times.
• There is a maximum of two pets per campsite; owners must pick up after their pets.
• No pets are allowed in swimming or beach areas.
Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
• Alcohol is only permitted on registered campsites. Intoxication in a public area is prohibited.
• Alcohol is not permitted in day-use or other public areas.
• Use of illegal drugs is prohibited.
• Beer and alcohol are only allowed to be brought in CANS.
These rules, regulations and standards were developed to maintain a level of safety and consistency at Depot Lakes campgrounds and are based on Quinte Conservation’s Ontario Regulations 201/88. All Conservation Area users are responsible for knowing all the rules and regulations.
Violation(s) may result in eviction without refund, a permanent ban, and/or fine and the possibility of court action. Quinte Conservation enforces a Zero Tolerance Policy. At the discretion of Quinte Conservation, permits may be revoked at any time without refund.
Conservation Area staff are responsible for interpretation and enforcement of these rules, regulations and standards. This is not an exhaustive list. Prices are subject to change.
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Organization, Quinte Conservation. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing Canada Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. Employees and Company will not have access to your payment information. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
ConfidentialityClient records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations:
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
PaymentMasterCard and Visa Credit Cards are acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full at time of reservation. This will cover the Camping fees required in full but all other purchases such as park passes, boat passes, etc., will be charged and paid for upon arrival at Quinte Conservation.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.